When HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) considers there is a risk of tax being lost, it will investigate. This type of enquiry is likely where one or more of the following factors exists:
- cash-based businesses
- late filing of tax returns
- late payment of taxes
- unexplained capital accumulations
- too little income to meet outgoings
- information from other tax-gathering departments, such as the VAT office, PAYE audit or compliance visit
- information supplied by third parties.
Dealing with such investigations is both time consuming and costly and requires the support of professional consultants.
The dedicated and experienced investigation team at AGS can act for you in a consultancy capacity, advising you on the conduct of an investigation.
Or we can take over investigations on your behalf, dealing directly with HMRC or the VAT office and negotiating over issues including penalties, interest and settlement terms, in your best interests, to bring the investigation to a satisfactory conclusion.
today for a free consultation
with one of our West Midlands tax advisers, and find out more about how AGS accountants can help you.